zaterdag 29 mei 2010

Headed over to the allotment early this morning. Dry weather last week and no more ground frost! I can now walk on the ground! How has the winter rye grown. I thought it was rotatilled under! Looks a lot better than when I first put it in.
It is almost like walking through a field of Rye!
The gound is sure dry and hard. Clay it is!
I started at the bottom of the garden by weeding and getting a compost area ready and created a new work area. Corn seedlings and a few Raspberry shoots from a fellow gardener soon were planted!
The leftover fencing from our front garden has been recycled as a climber for beans! Spaghetti squash and Pumkin seeds are also in! 5 of the 16 mini plots are now filled. Headed home before the first raindrops fell. The weather is changing. Lots of rain on the way. It is so needed in all the gardens! A good begin to the growing season!


1 opmerking:

  1. Hope all your veggies are growing. I eat my own grown lettuce this whole week now. Taste good!
    The winter rye is tenacious though. Hope the administrator (or how do you call him), is happy now...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen