dinsdag 8 september 2009

It is now official! I have an allotment! I phoned yesterday afternoon and left a message. Mr. Mulder returned the call later that evening. Today the papers arrived! I now rent allotment C-22 with an area of 130 square meters!
The seeds and seed catalouge are being studied. What would be planted next year? Squash, beans, courgette, tomatoes, carrots, turnips, bok choi? I have time to decide! The first thing to do is get the site up and running. I'll have to get weeding, level the ground, put in a path or two, figure out where what can be planted and build something to use as storage for a few tools.
Have you seen this vegetable before?
Spaghetti Squash! It is very delicious. Can be cooked in the microwave. I was told here, from the giver of the sqash, to put the whole thing in a pan and boil for 20 minutes. Don't cut it up or prick holes in it for the steam! After cooking, cut it open, remove the seeds, use a fork to scrape out the "spaghetti" and serve with pasta sauce and cheese. Butter and salt works well too!
I didn't see any Acorn or Butternut Squash seeds in the catalouge. That will have to be sorted out before planting time next year!

1 opmerking:

  1. Hiep hiep hoera!
    So now your a proud 'owner'
    if you need some help (eating all the veggies) let me know..
    No serious, I can plant seeds, or make a beautyful flowerbed.
    Saskia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen